Business partners join hands to invite all Thais to be healthy – promote tourism – spread happiness throughout the country
Mrs. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports, chaired the conference to announce the launch of the ”Muang Thai Marathon 2015”, organized by Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited, the first marathon series of its kind in Thailand arranged on 4 routes across 4 regions, to promote good health of the people, support tourism, and spread happiness throughout the country. Mr. Sara Lamsam, President and Chief Executive Officer of Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited and Mrs. Lakana Naviroj, Senior Vice President of The Mall Group Company Limited joined the press conference at the Water Garden at EmQuartier Shopping Mall.
Mr. Sara Lamsam, President and Chief Executive Officer of Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited, “the MAGENTA life insurer of happiness”, said the company had joined hands with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and its business partners to co-organize “Muang Thai Marathon 2015”. The event marked the first time in Thailand organizing a marathon series on 4 routes in 4 regions to spread happiness throughout the country and to create an opportunity to promote good health among the Thai people nationwide. The event’s activities include:
1. Muang Thai Marathon 2015 23 August 2015
For the first time, you can run the “Marathon in the Sky”, starting at Rama 8 Bridge and continuing along the Borommaratchachonnani overpass. Runners can enjoy the bird’s eye view of the beautiful scenery along the route safely as the road will be 100% closed to traffic.
2. Muang Thai Korat Marathon 2015 20 September 2015
Open the “Doors to the Northeast” on the highlands where the route starts and finishes, which is in front of the “Thao Suranari Monument” commonly known as “Yamo”, the highly revered brave heroine of the people of Korat or Nakhon Ratchasima Province. The route offers an opportunity for runners to enjoy sightseeing the important historical site.
3. Muang Thai Phuket-Patong Marathon 2015 18 October 2015
Experience the unique atmosphere of the city known as the “Pearl of the Andaman” with the charm of the route along Pa Tong Beach – Kamala Beach, admiring the beauty of the sunrise at dawn, reflecting upon the surface of the calm waves of the early morning, enjoying the breeze of the Andaman. Runners are sure to enjoy the “Sea-Sand-Sun” experience of a lifetime.
4. Muang Thai Chiang Mai Marathon 2015 20 December 2015
Say farewell to 2015 with the marathon amidst the morning mist and a “Cool Cool” atmosphere, “Lanna” style along the roads around the “Chiang Mai Moat”, surrounded by artful Lanna temples. The backdrop of the route is Doi Suthep where the renowned “Phra That Doi Suthep” is situated, the sacred place of worship of the Chiang Mai city. The race will surely be an unforgettable end to the marathon series.
Each of the 4 routes offers various distances including the 42-kilometer Full Marathon, the 21-kilometer Half Marathon, the 10-kilometer Mini Marathon, and the 5-kilometer Muang Thai Smile Run.
In addition, the 5-kilometer Muang Thai Smile Run, which is suitable for all genders and ages to promote health, happiness, and smiles through the activity called “Muang Thai Smile Run, bring the broad smile to others”, offers a unique experience on each of the series, with a special cash prize for participants who are judged to be “outstanding in the ability to bring the most happiness and broad smiles to other people”.
Mr. Sara said this marathon series will not only cater to the trend of being healthy of the Thai people, but will also promote tourism for the respective provinces hosting each series and for provinces nearby. In addition, part of the proceeds after expenses will be donated to various organizations for charity in each respective local area. Participants can register and acquire additional details at www.muangthaimarathon.com.
Mrs. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports, said the Ministry is happy to co-organize the “Muang Thai Marathon 2015”, which is another sporting event to raise awareness among the Thai people about the importance of exercise. The event allows Thais across the country to participate while also promoting domestic tourism in each region, which is in line with the Ministry of Sports and Tourism’s strategy for 2012-2016, which emphasizes creative economic development through tourism and sports, as well as supports and develops basic sports skills, sports for the mass, and recreation, to bring happiness and good health to the Thai people.
Mrs. Lakana Naviroj, Senior Vice President of The Mall Group Company Limited, said the event is a good opportunity for The Mall Group, as a close business partner of Muang Thai Life Assurance for a long time, to join hands to co-organize activities for health for consumers and the Thai people. In the “Muang Thai Marathon 2015” event, The Mall Group will present various special offers and, for participants who purchase products at SportsMall, they will receive special discounts of up to 50%. An Expo Day will also be organized to facilitate runners who come to pick up their registration numbers, as well as many other activities.
Special privileges for participants of “Muang Thai Marathon 2015”
- Feel Safe on the Route – Feel safe on each route with Muang Thai Life Assurance’s special offer to all runners, a “free-of-charge” Accident Insurance with a sum insured of up to 100,000 baht / person (the Accident Insurance policy will provide coverage only for the respective route that the runner registers to run on, conditions are as stipulated in the policy)
- Redeem Points for Free Run - “Muang Thai Smile Club” members can redeem Smile Points from 15-35 points for one registration (depending on a category of race). In addition, the first 3 members to cross the finish line for each race will receive a gift voucher for a 2 days, 1 night, breakfast included stay at the Belle Villa Resort at Chiang Mai / Pai / Khao Yai (conditions are as stipulated by the Company).
- Run and Earn E-Sticker – Customers of Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Company Limited who register on each route in the “Muang Thai Marathon 2015” will receive an E-Sticker at a limit of 500 stickers / race. The stickers can be collected to redeem various prizes from the “MTL Six Packs” program. Eligible participants must be customers who register for the “MTL Six Packs” program at www.muangthai.co.th/mtlsixpacks or www.mtlsixpacks.com (conditions are as stipulated by the Company).
- Discounts of up to 50% at SportsMall – participants of “Muang Thai Marathon 2015” will have the special privilege of buying the limited edition of various products, as well as receive special discounts of up to 50% when purchasing products from SportsMall at participating branches between August 20-22, 2015. “Muang Thai Smile Club” members will also receive a special discount or many other special privileges (please check details at each store again; terms and conditions are as designated by the Company and The Mall Group Company Limited).